7/18/11

President Obama still isn't getting the contest thing so I'll spell it out

Obama is a Peirce guy. Don't ask me why, I just know he is, He thinks in threes, not twos. Just like Charles Sanders Peirce did. Not me versus you. But Me and you and a solution somewhere out there. And the thing has to work, so that if you and me crop up again and again the third has to be different until it achieves what will make it possible for you and me to coexist happily. I said I would spell this out in terms of contests which I have advocated forever and the President pays no mind. Obama gets up and says this energy thing is huge, vague, confusing, a monster. That is the First. Doing anything about is is impossible because there are so many interests and they are all dug in. That is the brute reality. Pierce's Second. And because these two things are utterly obvious, no one on any side can fail to comprehend the dyad. That means the first and the second. In Peirce, the third is the creative linking of the first and the second. I say that the way to get this done is to sponsor contests to create actual physical, working models of a world beyond the one we have now. A thousand points of light. A zillion ideas. A massive democratic experiment. I only care to get one view for this post. The viewer's name is Barack Obama. Let this be the letter he reads before he goes to sleep.

Global Online Privacy

No comments:

RECCMENDATION Richard Gordon Quantum Touch

The Slow as Molasses Press