7/26/11

Transcript of an instructive Stokely Carmichael speech class recorded by Jane Stembridge

Veterans of the Civil Rights Movement -- Letters From the Field ~ Stokely's speech class.: "I don't want to make conclusions or proposals. I think Stokely's class can stand on its own. Not only that, I think it is better than anything I could say. Just two things: he spoke to where they were at, and they were at different places, and the places changed during the movement of the discussion. Second, he trusted them and he trusted himself ... and they trusted him."

Jane and I were students and friends at Union Theological Seminary in NYC. Both of us eventually participated in different areas of the Civil Rights movement. This text shows why she is something of a legend today. It would be nice to find her.


Global Online Privacy

No comments:

RECCMENDATION Richard Gordon Quantum Touch

The Slow as Molasses Press