8/16/11

All sorts and conditions


Amazing
I go out for a walk and think I will go down this street
But I see there is a serious congestion - a line that seems double wide and more in places
So I double back and figure I will go across the next block
As I walk I notice that the line extends to the end of this block
And that I cannot parse from looking what they are waitng for
There is no one race or age or dress
Most conspicuous would be to me the men wearing coats and ties and standing dignified and silent
I hate waiting in line
This line that looks like America is waiting silently
At the corner I see that it extends down the other block
I talk to a young man who stands behind an older woman
He explains that they are waiting for a job fair
The word unemployed escapes his lips 
In a nanosecond I sense he is vastly qualified and probably one of a million like himself
I suggest that nothing seems to be working and he and the woman both nod
I explain that I think circulation of money might do the trick if it was all on a computer and the lower level raises as everyone recycles it
And jobs become a privilege
And truly necessary work is well paid
They nod with approval about the lower level raising
Here at home I think that maybe we are talking the evolution of savings banks

Global Online Privacy

No comments:

RECCMENDATION Richard Gordon Quantum Touch

The Slow as Molasses Press