9/6/11

20/20 hindsight why in God's name are we still here

Battle for Afghanistan's Gambir Jungle: Soldiers' tale of an epic fight - CSMonitor.com:

I have this image of enemies in the jungle. Are they coming to get me? Even if they are, are there not things that can get me first? Even if there are not things that can get me first, would they succeed? And why?

It took an educated fanatical guy with a very deep purse and charismatic capacities to convince idiots to kill themselves to recreate a fantasy Medieval caliphate and traumatize the world in the bargain. We have iced him at untold expense in the evident MIDST of the dumbest military intervention in our history.

You heard right. We are not leaving. One way or another we will manage to recreate the past. Give me a break!

No comments:

RECCMENDATION Richard Gordon Quantum Touch

The Slow as Molasses Press