9/12/11

What is messianism and why is it a problem?

BEYOND CREED - Stephen Rose : IUniverse:

While a Shakespeare can influence by drawing a picture of reality you can take or leave, a religious charismatic has the singular objective of winning your soul. As a person with Christian training and leanings, I reject this. I say what you can either prove or reject on the basis of experience. I do not seek belief in a creed. Nor did Jesus. He taught a single prayer which is in my view efficacious. I would never force it on anyone. He exemplified values I have defended with my life. They are nonviolent. They are simple. They are in the realm of tolerance, non-idolatry, helpfulness and democracy. Jesus is shown in Mark One as a non-creedal messenger of exclusive loyalty to Abba and and his way. He called that the good news or gospel. The rest is a basis for distortion and false expectations which theology has gratified from the beginning.




Global Online Privacy

No comments:

RECCMENDATION Richard Gordon Quantum Touch

The Slow as Molasses Press