10/14/11

I am merely the hero of this imagined memoir-fiction

Manhattan Bully Wars (1947):

"The boy's mind moved to his recent Valentine's Day crisis. Among Adam Panflick's many activities, the most important involved girls. He preferred girls to boys. They were prettier. They talked better. They did not hit him. They laughed at his humor. He was at ease in their presence. His very best friend was Buzzy and Buzzy was a girl.

He thought: "How stupid I was to take two boxes of chocolates to Harris's!" This thought was accompanied by a sphincter contraction and a visible grimace.

Adam attended two dancing schools, Miss Bloss's at the Plaza and Miss Harris's pleasant East Side establishment. "I meant well,” he reassured himself. "Here were two supremely beautiful girls, one a radio star. Ah! " "

This excerpt is from my just-posted novella "Manhattan Bully Wars" (1947). As a nomad of the universe I have no need to make millions so I do not seek to do anything but find a few avid readers here and there, trusting that anything worth saving will find its way into the canons of the future. It is a single post which may be read in a few hours. It has a better slant on bullying than what I have inferred from the current chatter, which seems to think bullying is a status thing. It isn't. But what do I know. I am merely the hero of this imagined memoir-fiction.
Global Online Privacy

RECCMENDATION Richard Gordon Quantum Touch

The Slow as Molasses Press