10/14/11

It's the digital exam, stupid

Yes I am familiar with the stupid framing of the prostate controversy
I had my prostate robotically removed a few years back
Now the PSA exam has been placed on the chopping block
That's stupid
The chopping block should be reserved for every doctor 
Who cannot answer affirmatively a simple question
Did you perform a thorough, educated digital exam
Such an exam is what what saved me
I had a false negative PSA
With a digital exam you FEEL the lump that was not there the last time
Then you get your biopsy
Then your Gleason Score
If it is high enough you choose your treatment
This is all subtle stuff 
Well beyond the competence of 
The New York Times to comprehend apparently
I have never seen it written that the best
Way to determine if you are at risk
From prostate cancer 
Is a PSA test
AND a digital exam
I wonder if some doctors are actually forgoing digital exams
Because they are relying on PSAs
If that is the case 
That is a scandal
This prostate story has been 
Macerated by poor framing 

Global Online Privacy

RECCMENDATION Richard Gordon Quantum Touch

The Slow as Molasses Press