10/4/11

Yankees Detroit Match Up is Most Interesting

New York Yankees at Detroit Tigers - October 4, 2011 | MLB.com Preview: "But he has a message.

"You can't count me out," Burnett said on Monday. "I'm going to bring everything I've got and just let A.J. loose out there."

In Detroit manager Jim Leyland's words, the man he'll be letting loose is "Jekyll and Hyde."

That's what Porcello and his heavy sinker were throughout the regular season.

The 22-year-old right-hander went 5-0 with a 3.06 ERA in July, struggled toward a 6.82 ERA in August, then finished the season going 4-1 with a 3.55 ERA in September."

But I cannot help thinking about Jeter and crucial moments in the last two games. I really could not take that. There I've said it. I think this is a perfect match up win or lose. I also think Hughes should have been put on the mound when the strike zone shrunk last night.

Global Online Privacy

RECCMENDATION Richard Gordon Quantum Touch

The Slow as Molasses Press