11/7/11

How President Obama and I Shoot Ourselves in The Foot


I'm a little bit like the President in one respect
I assume that when I have said or done something
That it is clear
That it is reasonable
That is self evident
End of story
But then

When it clearly comes to pass that this is not the case
I tend to scratch my head
To become quizzically irritated
Or otherwise avoid the logical conclusion

Whatever I meant to do
Did not get done
Was not self-evident
Did not work

The remedy for folk such as we
Is happily 
What we learn to do
We try again 
In one way or another
And in this trying
Hone premises
Improve arguments
Take in new perspectives
Renew our love of truth for its own sake
And keep on trying all our days

And thus does
Growth and change occur
And thus do
Wounded feet begin to heal

Global Online Privacy

RECCMENDATION Richard Gordon Quantum Touch

The Slow as Molasses Press