11/14/11

SCOTUS A Chip off The W Block

I wrote the comment below late last year. But I want it to stand as an indication of the sense I had at that time. It will be a large surprise to me if the Court upholds the Health Reform despite the wealth of intelligent opinion that feels the Court has no option but to uphold it. I now believe, however, that the negative decision will create a fire storm that will benefit the President. This would be a defeat for the Court, period. It would be yet another instance of GOP overreach.

Supreme Court Agrees to Rule on Health Law - WSJ.com: "The court is expected to hear oral arguments in March, with a decision expected by the end of June. That timeline means the court will rule on President Barack Obama's signature legislative achievement during the thick of the 2012 presidential campaign."

If you have to ask what this headline means, forget it. W in my mind is a SIGN that says Expect Worse Than you Can Imagine. A conservative judge has already offered a sage approval of the landmark health care reform law. But I trust the demons on the Court to find their reasons and deliver another Citizen's United. It is a judgment on us all as a democracy for electing Presidents and Senators who appointed and approved these characters.



Global Online Privacy

RECCMENDATION Richard Gordon Quantum Touch

The Slow as Molasses Press