11/25/11

Spotify Achilles Heel?

Spotify tops 2.5 million U.S. paying subscribers post-U.S. launch | ZDNet: "Summary: Spotify has reached the 2.5 million paying subscriber mark, post its launch in the United States, the company said this week.

Streaming music giant Spotify now has more than 2.5 million paying subscribers worldwide, after the company expanded to the United States earlier this year."


I thought it was just me. But I had Thanksgiving with someone more a power user that I. Both agreed that Spotify is a bandwith hog that routinely crashes our computers and in his case zapped his. Luckily I needed a new machine, but all the exercise proved is that Spotify remains a bandwith hog. This can only mean that we will see more bandwith demand and most probably hit the same crisis in terms of power use that we are encountering with fossil fuel use. Can the Cloud save us?


'via Blog this'

RECCMENDATION Richard Gordon Quantum Touch

The Slow as Molasses Press