12/29/11

Spectrum Notes on Richard Nixon

‘Nixon’s Darkest Secrets’: New biography digs up rumors of Richard Nixon’s gay affair with Mafia banker - NY Daily News: "In the shocking new biography "Nixon's Darkest Secrets: The Inside Story of America's Most Troubled President," former United Press International Washington bureau chief Don Fulsom writes that Tricky Dick had mob ties for more than 20 years before he was elected in 1968 and lusted after his best pal, dashing Cuban-American playboy Charles (Bebe) Rebozo."

'via Blog this'

I am not the slowest study in the world. Since Nixon is one of the famed folk I have spent more time with than needed to form an impression, I would say that this book is, like many geared to sales, the exaggeration of a supposition. I have no more idea whether Nixon was violent at times than whether Peirce was. I mean actually violent. We are all verbally violent and violent in thought.

Was RN gay? The older I get, the more I believe we are all gay to some degree. That is, we have sexual feelings that leap over gender differences. But if we admit that, what difference does it make whether RN or J. Edgar gratified these feelings or not? I quite realize if my opinions held sway, not much would actually happen. The world might stop entirely. Instead, there might be a sign that simply said: What difference does it make? Nixon was a piece of work who is still affording people like the author of the tome noted above some income.

ADDENDUM

Oh, and mob ties come with the territory of American power politics. Now the mob is legit business. And the ties are stronger. We need to get our vocabulary moved to the present.

RECCMENDATION Richard Gordon Quantum Touch

The Slow as Molasses Press