2/2/12

Time to start reducing the number of cars and detached houses

Beyond Our Unsustainable and Eco-Disastrous Automobile Economy - Yahoo! Voices - voices.yahoo.com: "Last winter I was driving (as a passenger) on big roads that serve the Boston area and they were almost traffic free. My friend told me, when I asked, that the economy had indeed impacted traffic.

To me this is simply God's, or the economy's, way of nudging us toward my proposed future (it has been proposed since the 1960s) when the private car simply becomes out of reach for most, just as I believe private detached homes will be out of reach."

'via Blog this'

There's more at the link above. These days we are starting to see malls converted into the prototypes of cyber-communities. Things are looking up.



Charles Sanders Peirce - Thinking in Threes

RECCMENDATION Richard Gordon Quantum Touch

The Slow as Molasses Press