4/1/12

SmashwordsTake on Indie Authors Pricing

Smashwords: Does Agency Pricing Lead to Higher Book Prices?: " I trust now that whatever decision the DoJ makes, they'll make it with the full knowledge of how it will impact indie authors. As I expressed to the DoJ, indies are the future of publishing."

'via Blog this'

I just joined Smashwords to gain access to markets beyond Kindle. The piece above is of interest regarding the actual prices that make sense in today's marketplace. This is part of my continuing effort to determine how much success one can have as a writer with minimal expense. I say minimal because it took me little time to determine that it makes sense to pay for assistance in properly formatting texts. I checked the prices on four titles I have on Kindle and they were in the neighborhood of $20 on average. I also located a book cover person who produces covers I rather like for around $30 each. It will take several months to get this all going since I have most of my texts available on Kindle Select which is exclusive for 90 days. Kindle has been pretty dominant but other platforms are growing in power and I anticipate that Kindle will ultimately have about half the market but that the market will be for ALL books.





Charles Sanders Peirce - Thinking in Threes

RECCMENDATION Richard Gordon Quantum Touch

The Slow as Molasses Press