6/16/14

Now and The Next Thing Is the Sign of Continuity

Triadic philosophy defines reality as all known and unknown and thus suggests that it is in itself impossible to fully describe or define. It is the source of all signs. It is not opposed to anything like unreality or fantasy or supposition. Reality may be approached somewhat as Moses is said to have approached the burning bush. When he inquired, Who shall I say sent me? the answer came back I am who I am and I will be who I will be. This suggests that the nature of reality that we can perceive and know is now and beyond now and this to me is a fairly clear suggestion of what Peirce means by the term continuity. Regardless, it accords with truth. Now is all there is and we assume the next thing. This is also the ground of the root value non-idolatry.




Stephen's Remarkable Kindle Store

RECCMENDATION Richard Gordon Quantum Touch

The Slow as Molasses Press