10/14/11

Fractured Herodotus with an Ellroy Slant

And and finally Cyrus is bestirred. Our binary is complete. | Herodotus meets Ellroy:

"Two frigging years wasted. Croesus in mourning. Son gone. Croesus mainly mad. His anger builds. Persians are massing to the east. He can feel the pressure

Croesus has a purpose. He can feel it rising. Eviscerate the Persians. Humiliate them. Boss them. Get criminals to inform on them. Get ready to rumble. Hurry up.

But first the Oracles - yes, they are multiplying. He goes as far as to shrine of Ammon in Libya. But oracles are not always ecumenical. Once again the Pythian prophetess gains the inside track by guessing Croesus' gastronomic proclivities. How did she know he liked tortoise? But she does. And that is only the beginning."

I have been reading James Ellroy. He writes short sentences. He packs lots in. It is a different way of writing. I figured I would try it with the stories woven by Herodotus. When I get the urge I add another "chapter". I am still fascinated by all this.


Global Online Privacy

RECCMENDATION Richard Gordon Quantum Touch

The Slow as Molasses Press