1/1/12

Chris Hedges on CSPAN - Two Demerits


In his excellent appearance on CSPAN BookTV Chris Hedges goofed

But two times

First he wrote off President Obama which has been his general position all along
Barack Obama is the best we can expect given reality
Those of us who support him do so because we believe he is playing rope-a-dope
He will eventually make good on the things we fault him for
And if he does it will be because we made change happen on the ground

Second Chris said that media on all sides were wrongly critical of
his friend Cornel West
Not me
I merely thought he has said things that the President is entirely aware of
And that West's umbrage was because the President would not receive him
Maybe I was wrong to make the point but I think it is significant as
a dynamic among the President's critics

There is one other thing
I think both West and Hedges would benefit from immersion in the philosophy of C. S. Peirce 

Oh and one other
There is a technological solution to our current crisis which I outline on this blog
It is the creation of cyber-communities
The difference between me and Chris is that I propose solutions

The Cap Tip Club - note to friends and followers

RECCMENDATION Richard Gordon Quantum Touch

The Slow as Molasses Press