2/21/12

Church Leaders Should Condemn Franklin Graham



Franklin Graham looks like his dad
I met his dad once
Billy Graham stands as a monument to responsible evangelicalism
Franklin Graham stands as a monument to the snide politics of Christian decline
The notion that the evangelical political program in 2012 has anything to do with what Jesus intended is beyond false

There was a time when I might have had a voice in all this but today all I have is the power of a word here and there
The mainline Protestant churches have undergone decline not merely for demographic reasons
They have lost a theological center
They have become consumed with survival and balkanized around "interest theologies"
There is no leadership
There is no prophetic voice
There is a passive yielding of the field to the likes of Franklin Graham

If there is any Protestant leadership left they should at least condemn Franklin Graham

Billy Graham's son sparks controversy with TV interview - Local News - Charlotte, NC - msnbc.com

"“I think you are going to have to ask President Obama,” Graham replied. “I think people have to ask Barack Obama. He’s come out saying that he’s a Christian. The question is, what is a Christian?”

When pressed on the question a second time, Graham said, “I cannot answer that question for anybody….I accept him at what he says. If says he’s a Christian, I accept that. I’m not going to say he’s not.”

But while Graham was hesitant to opine about Obama, he had no issues with saying Republican Presidential candidates Rick Santorum and Newt Gingrich are Christian."

'via Blog this'


Charles Sanders Peirce - Thinking in Threes

RECCMENDATION Richard Gordon Quantum Touch

The Slow as Molasses Press