4/8/12

Comment on a three year old post about Arcade Fire


It's 2012 so I am a bit late 
I was looking for comment on Arcade Fire 
Then I got taken up with the comments on the piece noted above 
I remember one occasion when I got dissed 
by a well known artist 
when I was introducing him  
in the Berkshires 
one summer in the early 1970s 
Reading the back and forth comments above 
I wondered what it would be like 
if  one met Bob Dylan on a bad day 
or any other artist when the spectrum of her personality 
was on the nasty angels' side 
I guess it hits a button for me 
because I certainly do not form an opinion 
based on such stuff 
In return I reserve my right 
to like or dislike a person's work 
based entirely on what it means and does to me
Arcade Fire does excellent things to me
particularly Suburbs
I think most criticism is meta-crap
Call me impossible but it makes appreciation a lot easier

Check out the post noted above 
and  its comments for context




Charles Sanders Peirce - Thinking in Threes

RECCMENDATION Richard Gordon Quantum Touch

The Slow as Molasses Press