7/21/12

Charles Sanders Peirce on His Craze for Trichotomies

"I fully admit that there is a not uncommon craze for trichotomies. I do not know but the psychiatrists have provided a name for it. If not, they should. "Trichimania," [?] unfortunately, happens to be preƫmpted for a totally different passion; but it might be called triadomany. I am not so afflicted; but I find myself obliged, for truth's sake, to make such a large number of trichotomies that I could not [but] wonder if my readers, especially those of them who are in the way of knowing how common the malady is, should suspect, or even opine, that I am a victim of it." ('On trichotomies', CP 1.568, 1910)


Cap tip Ben Udell

Own a Kindle? Borrow any of my books for free!



My Kindle Store Books

RECCMENDATION Richard Gordon Quantum Touch

The Slow as Molasses Press