12/25/11

Cooking With Leftovers around Herald Square

ShortFormContent at Blogger: Cooking with Takeout Around Herald Square:

'via Blog this'

Sometimes we just have a picnic
In our lexicon that means getting stuff from a little place
Near 33rd on Seventh that sells Gyros, Chicken and Pizzas
I never finish the gyro
Today I had a wonderful lunch with the modest leftovers
Some pieces of lamb and sauce and onions tomato and lettuce
I wrap this bit of stuff in the heavy foil
That comes with my Indian food from Minar
(All bolded references are linked from the piece at the url above).
I take out some glorious Onion Kulcha from Minar
I open the left overs and dump them on the nan
I lay the whole thing back on the aluminum
And set it in my cast iron frying pan
I pour a bit of my special sauce over it
Add some lumps of cheese
Turn the heat to medium
Check when I smell something good
If the cheese has melted turn stove off
Let it sit there for a while
Put the result in your dish and enjoy
This actually turned out great
Heating the veggies and gyro sauce worked out

RECCMENDATION Richard Gordon Quantum Touch

The Slow as Molasses Press