8/27/12

Both Peirce and Nietzsche are in my view posthumous authors leaving us hints that have yet even to be discovered



COMMENT IN CONVERSATION WITH JON AWBRY

This is where both Peirce and Nietzsche are in my view posthumous authors leaving us hints that have yet even to be discovered. My own guess abduction is that both of them point to the reality of values within...reality. And that these are consistent with what can be deduced from the portion of the gospels (and other writings) they cited that do create a matrix for inferring values within us that are universal and ontological. 

This is the general direction of the work I pursue and have pursued for about thirty years. 

I feel I am generally correct. Peirce's hints came in his various remarks about New Testament texts and related matters - community, continuity, fruits. 

Nietzsche I understand to have completed his revaluation of values with the puzzle left us in the Antichrist. Given his own warped sense of values, he could go no further and went mad. 

Needless to say I have no academic takers on this line of thought, but I do not do badly with my own inferences when I manage to create lucid sentences expressing what I mean. 

I am saying that there are values within us which we either choose or ignore and that choosing them is what moves history.

Stephen's Remarkable Kindle Store

RECCMENDATION Richard Gordon Quantum Touch

The Slow as Molasses Press