10/18/12

Imperfections are the inevitable result of trying to do everything yourself



Imperfections are the inevitable result of trying to
do everything yourself
That of course is a distortion because we do nothing by ourselves
Even the most isolated nomad of the universe is never alone
What I mean is that if you create as I do
with no one looking over my shoulder 
I will find imperfections everywhere
a glaring misprint in a Kindle Book
that would take me a while to correct
while I have other things to do
and probably 100 more
Now once when I was in the scarce book
business
(there are few rare books)
I learned the value of imperfection
An edition with an error might be worth
much more than a corrected version
A glaring mistake might
win the auction
But cyber-situations
make correction not only simple to rectify but
considerate
Here I have taken all the time I might need to
mindfully correct the error that I failed to notice
to expatiate on
the bump it created on the smooth highway of my morning

Stephen's Remarkable Kindle Store

RECCMENDATION Richard Gordon Quantum Touch

The Slow as Molasses Press